Watson Land Company’s Legacy Building Series
Watson Land Company’s Legacy Building Series℠ is a new generation of highly flexible, Class-A facilities with distinctive architectural detail that are designed to offer maximum efficiency and flexibility for both distribution and manufacturing operations.
Originally conceived in the late 1990s as a brand of speculative industrial buildings, the Legacy Building Series℠ included a number of sustainable features that gave Watson a head start in formalizing its sustainable development program. The abundant use of energy saving features also helped the Legacy Building Series℠ attain a “Savings by Design” designation from Southern California Edison.
Key features of the Legacy Building Series℠ include:
- 32 to 36 foot minimum warehouse clearance height.
- Early Suppression Fast Response (ESFR) sprinkler system.
- Oversized, 100 percent concrete truck yard.
- Architecturally distinctive building appearance, including a generous use of glass, score lines, accent painting, and landscaping.
- Abundant single truck doors for optimized efficiency.
- Energy efficient lighting, three percent skylight to roof ratio and white ceiling insulation promote efficient energy use and excellent warehouse illumination.
- Abundant skylights and clerestory windows for maximum natural light.
- Seven-inch thick, 4,000 pound per square inch (psi) concrete floor slabs with FF35/FL25 finish.