Watson Land Company was founded in 1912 on a commitment to serve as "good stewards of the land." This legacy continues today through the development of high performance, environmentally sensitive industrial buildings. In 1998, Watson introduced the Legacy Building Series℠, a new generation of highly flexible, Class-A industrial facilities with several "Pre-LEED" sustainable features.
In 2005, Watson made a formal commitment to use the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Program as a framework for all of its new developments. As the first industrial developer in Southern California to design and construct speculative industrial buildings in accordance with LEED guidelines, Watson’s longstanding commitment to the environment is a cornerstone of its development philosophy.